Servings: 4 Prep 15 mins Total Time 25 mins
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus additional for pasta cooking water
- 1 cup orzo
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound fresh cod, cut into 1"-by-2" pieces
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add 1 cup orzo and cook according to package directions, adding peas during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Drain and toss with lemon juice, olive oil, and 1/4 tsp. salt. Cover to keep warm and set aside.
2. In the same pot add 2 inches of water. Bring to boiling; reduce heat to a gentle simmer. Add cod to the simmering water and cook 2 minutes; remove with a slotted spoon.
3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix lemon zest, chives and melted butter. Serve cod over orzo with the butter sauce spooned on top.
- If frozen, place the cod in the refrigerator the night before to defrost.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 362, Fat, total (g): 11, chol. (mg): 64, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 38, Monounsaturated fat (g): 4, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 3, sugar (g): 3, pro. (g): 28, vit. A (IU): 1030, vit. C (mg): 14, Thiamin (mg): 1, Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 6, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 132, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): 1, sodium (mg): 299, Potassium (mg): 638, calcium (mg): 40, iron (mg): 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.