- 1 cup uncooked jasmine rice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 2-inch piece ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste (such as Thai Kitchen)
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 large sweet potato (about 3/4 pound), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3/4 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Bring 3 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in rice, reduce to a simmer and cover. Cook 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large, lidded skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger; cook 1 minute. Add curry paste; cook 30 seconds. Whisk in coconut milk and chicken broth; bring to a boil. Mix in sweet potato and reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and cook 5 minutes. Add cauliflower and onion; cover and simmer 10 minutes or until tender. Stir in shrimp, basil, lime juice and salt; cook uncovered for 3 minutes. Serve over cooked jasmine rice.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 352, Fat, total (g): 20, chol. (mg): 111, sat. fat (g): 14, carb. (g): 29, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 16, sodium (mg): 507, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.