Servings: 24 Yield: filling for 24 tamales Active Time 10 mins Total Time 20 mins
- 3 cups diced mango
- 1/3 cup canned unsweetened light coconut milk
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1/4 cup tahini
1. In a medium sauce pan, combine mango, coconut milk, and brown sugar. Bring mixture to a boil and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until thickened. Stir in coconut and tahini. Cool before using.
2. Assemble tamales as in the Classic Tamales recipe using the Sweet Masa variation, using about 2 Tbs filling.
- *Filling can be made up to 3 days in advance and can be used cold when filling tamales.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 24; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 217, Fat, total (g): 14, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): 6, carb. (g): 23, Monounsaturated fat (g): 4, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 3, Trans fatty acid (g): 1, fiber (g): 2, sugar (g): 9, pro. (g): 3, sodium (mg): 137, Potassium (mg): 104, calcium (mg): 49, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.