Similar to a cobbler, nectarines, cherries, and lemon juice make a delectable base for dumplings in this recipe. Finish off the dessert with whipped cream and confectioner's sugar.
1. In a large nonstick skillet, stir together nectarines, cherries, sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest. Simmer over medium-high heat for 3 minutes.Dumplings:
2. In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, chai seasoning, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir in buttermilk and melted butter until a sticky dough forms.
3. Dollop heaping tablespoonfuls of the dough over the simmering fruit. Cover tightly and simmer on medium-low for 25 minutes. Cool for at least 15 minutes.Whipped cream:
4. In a large bowl, beat the cream, sugar and chai seasoning until stiff peaks form.
5. To serve, dust with confectioners sugar and spoon dumplings and fruit into individual bowls. Serve with whipped cream alongside.