Mashed Potato Clouds:
- 3 baking potatoes (1 1/2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated ground black pepper
- 2 small shallots, peeled and cut in quarters
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and halved
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- Frozen French-cut green beans, cooked (optional)
Make It Mashed Potato Clouds:
1. In a large saucepan, add potatoes and enough lightly salted water to cover by about 1 inch. Bring to boiling. Reduce to medium heat. Cover and cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain and transfer potatoes to a large bowl. Allow to cool for 5 to 10 minutes. Mash with a potato masher. Stir in buttermilk, butter, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper; cover and keep warm. Meatball Raindrops:
2. While potatoes are cooking, add shallots, garlic, Italian seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, and 1/4 teaspoon salt to food processor. Pulse until everything finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl; add the chicken and mix well. Shape chicken mixture into about 50 3/4-inch meatballs (the size of a small cherry). Pour 3- to 4-cups water into a deep, wide pot or skillet; bring to a simmer. Add meatballs to skillet or pot and cook for 5 minutes or until no longer pink inside. Remove from water with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel to drain.
3. To serve, on a plate spoon in enough mashed potatoes to fill a cloud-shaped cookie cutter; carefully lift cutter. Or, just spoon the mashed potatoes on plate. Assemble the meatball raindrops below the mashed potatoes and use parsley or French-cut green beans as grass.
Make Ahead Tip *Note:
- If you do not want to simmer the meatballs, you can also bake them in a parchment paper-lined shallow baking pan for 10 minutes in a 350 degrees F. oven.
- You can cook the meatballs ahead of time, and freeze them in a heavy plastic bag for up to 3 months. Thaw in refrigerator and reheat in microwave to use.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 375, Fat, total (g): 17, chol. (mg): 100, sat. fat (g): 8, carb. (g): 38, Monounsaturated fat (g): 6, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 2, fiber (g): 3, sugar (g): 4, pro. (g): 20, vit. A (IU): 389, vit. C (mg): 14, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 7, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): 1, Folate (µg): 20, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): 1, sodium (mg): 473, Potassium (mg): 1121, calcium (mg): 91, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.