Servings: 12 Prep 10 mins Cook 12 mins
- 4 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt plus more for boiling the potatoes
- 1 1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cut up (1/2 stick)
- 3 green onions, trimmed and sliced
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
1. Place potato chunks in a large pot. Add enough cool water to cover by an inch. Bring to a boil over high heat. Add a little salt to the water. Cook 12 minutes, until potatoes are tender, and drain.
2. Transfer potatoes to a serving dish and mash with a potato masher. Add milk, butter and 1 teaspoon salt; mash until smooth. Stir in green onions and chives and serve.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 12; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 166, Fat, total (g): 4, chol. (mg): 12, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 29, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 4, sodium (mg): 391, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.