Servings: 12 Prep 20 mins Start to Finish 1 hr
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard
- Paprika for garnish
1. Hard-boil eggs; peel. Halve hard-cooked eggs lengthwise and remove yolks. Set whites aside.
2. In a small bowl, mash yolks with a fork. Add mayonnaise, yogurt, vinegar, and mustard; mix well.
3. Stuff egg white halves with yolk mixture. Cover and chill until serving time, up to 24 hours
Variation To Hard-Boil Eggs
Bacon and Cheese
- Place eggs in a single layer in a large saucepan (do not stack eggs). Add enough cold water to cover the eggs by 1 inch. Bring to a rapid boil over high heat (water will have large rapidly breaking bubbles). Remove from heat, cover, and let stand for 15 minutes; drain. Run cold water over the eggs or place them in ice water until cool enough to handle; drain. To peel eggs, gently tap each egg on the countertop. Roll the egg between the palms of your hands. Peel off eggshell, starting at the large end.
- Only mash four of the yolks. (Save extra to toss in a salad.) Add 1/2 cup finely shredded reduced-fat Cheddar and four slices of crumbled reduced-sodium bacon to the filling mixture. Garnish with chives instead of paprika.
- Nutrition analysis per serving: same as above except 66 calories, 5 g protein, 73 mg cholesterol, 2 g sat. fat, 2% Vitamin A, 101 mg sodium, 5% calcium, 1% iron
- Only mash four of the yolks. Add 1/2 cup chilled, pureed edamame to the filling mixture. Garnish with whole edamame instead of paprika.
- Nutrition analysis per serving: same as above except 4 g protein, 4 g total fat, 69 mg cholesterol, 1% Vitamin A, 48 mg sodium, 2% calcium
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 12; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 55, Fat, total (g): 5, chol. (mg): 103, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 1, Monounsaturated fat (g): 2, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): , sugar (g): , pro. (g): 3, vit. A (IU): 3, vit. C (mg): , Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): , Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 15, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 49, Potassium (mg): 29, calcium (mg): 15, iron (mg): , Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.