Servings: 2 Prep 20 mins Total Time 30 mins
- 4 1/2 inch thick slices brioche or challah bread
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup strawberry ice cream, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped strawberries
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Brush the butter on one side of each of the bread slices. In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over the buttered bread.
3. Place the bread on a baking sheet, sugared side up. Bake for about 8 minutes or until golden brown and toasted. Cool completely. Using a heart shaped cookie cutter, cut one heart shape out of each bread slice.
4. Place strawberries in a medium bowl. Using a fork, mash the strawberries. Add the ice cream and stir to combine. Spread the ice cream onto the plain side of 2 of the bread hearts and sandwich closed with the remaining bread hearts, sugared side up. Serve immediately or wrap with plastic and freeze for up to 1 month.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 2; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 286, Fat, total (g): 18, chol. (mg): 63, sat. fat (g): 10, carb. (g): 28, Monounsaturated fat (g): 5, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 2, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 1, sugar (g): 13, pro. (g): 4, vit. A (IU): 463, vit. C (mg): 13, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 34, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 130, Potassium (mg): 125, calcium (mg): 59, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.