Servings: 4 Prep 10 mins Cook 12 mins
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 5 ounces bone-in pork chops
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 1/3 cup jarred chutney
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Mixed green salad (such as Earthbound Farms Power Mix; optional)
1. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Season pork chops with 1/4 tsp of the salt and the pepper. Cook 4 to 5 minutes per side until temperature reaches 145 degrees F. Remove chops to a plate.
2. Sprinkle flour over bottom of skillet and cook 30 seconds. Stir in apple juice and chutney. Simmer 1 minute until smooth and thickened; stir in mustard.
3. Meanwhile, pour broth into a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer. Add onion; simmer 2 minutes. Stir in couscous, peas and remaining 1/4 tsp salt. Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
4. Fluff couscous gently with a fork. Serve with pork chops, chutney sauce and, if desired, mixed green salad.
- Look for thinner cuts of meat to cut down on cooking time.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 478, Fat, total (g): 14, chol. (mg): 62, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 56, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 31, sodium (mg): 664, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.