Yield: 10 cups at $1.53 each Prep 35 mins Cook 15 mins
- 3 pounds plum tomatoes, cored, seeded and diced
- 1 20 ounce package frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 jalapeno chiles, seeded and minced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 5 1/2 ounce can tomato juice (about 2/3 cup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
1. Combine tomatoes, corn, onions, garlic, jalapenos, cilantro, tomato juice, salt and pepper in an 8-quart pot. Bring to a simmer over high heat.
2. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in beans and cook 5 minutes. Cool and spoon into jars. To give as a gift, pair with tortilla chips and include a chip-and-dip bowl, if desired. Refrigerate with this note: Use within 2 weeks.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 126, Fat, total (g): 1, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): , carb. (g): 26, fiber (g): 6, pro. (g): 6, sodium (mg): 418, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.