Cinnamon and espresso give grown-up flavors to these double-frosted brownies. For a contrast in flavor and color, the cream cheese frosting is topped with shiny chocolate glaze.
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Line 8 x 8 x 2-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil with overhang; coat with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Heat together the butter, chocolate and espresso powder in medium-size saucepan over low heat, stirring until butter and chocolate are melted. Remove from heat. Stir in sugar, eggs, vanilla and salt until smooth. Stir in flour, cinnamon and walnuts. Scrape into the prepared baking pan.
3. Bake in 325 degree F oven for about 25 minutes or until set in center. Let cool in pan on wire rack.Cream Cheese Frosting:
4. Beat cream cheese, confectioners sugar and vanilla in small bowl at high speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Spread over cooled brownie base. Refrigerate just until set, about 1 hour.Chocolate Frosting:
5. Bring cream and espresso in small saucepan to simmering. Add chocolate; remove from heat. Let stand 3 minutes. Add butter; stir until chocolate and butter are melted and mixture is smooth. Pour over cream cheese frosting; spread in even layer. Refrigerate 2 hours or overnight. Cut into bars. Makes 16 brownies.