Bite into these mini turnovers for a creamy chocolate-walnut surprise. Serve this delectable dessert during the holidays or any time you crave a yummy chocolate treat.
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. In small bowl, whisk together 1 egg and 1 tablespoon water; set aside.
2. In large bowl, mix ricotta, 1/3 cup of the sugar, vanilla and remaining egg. Stir in cocoa powder and flour, then chocolate and walnuts.
3. On a lightly floured surface, roll out puff pastry sheets into 12-inch squares. With a sharp knife, cut each sheet into 9 equal squares (each 4 inches per side).
4. Spoon 1 1/2 tablespoons chocolate-walnut filling into the center of one square. Brush edges with egg mixture; fold in half diagonally to form a triangle. Press well to seal edges; transfer to an ungreased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining pastry squares and filling.
5. Brush tops with egg mixture and sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar. Bake at 400 degrees F for 14 minutes or until browned on top. Cool turnovers on rack. To serve, dust with confectioners' sugar.