Servings: 12 Prep 5 mins Bake 350°F 20 mins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup dried fruit bits (from a 7-ounce package)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons mini semisweet chocolate chips
1. Coat a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In bowl, whisk together flour, 3/4 cup of the sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Make a well in center of mixture.
3. Whisk sour cream, milk, oil, eggs and vanilla in measuring cup; add to flour mixture. Whisk until smooth. Stir in dried fruit and 1/2 cup of the mini chips. Divide evenly among prepared muffin pan cups. Sprinkle each muffin with 1/2 teaspoon sugar and 1/2 teaspoon mini chips.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out with moist crumbs. Cool on wire rack.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 12; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 307, Fat, total (g): 13, chol. (mg): 41, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 46, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 5, sodium (mg): 230, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.