1. Line 8-inch square pan with foil. Mix cherries, 2 teaspoons brandy, 2 teaspoons vanilla in plastic food-storage bag. Let stand at room temperature for at least 12 hours or up to 2 days.Food Processor Method:
2. Place chocolate in processor fitted with metal blade. Heat cream in saucepan until tiny bubbles form around edge. Pour over chocolate; let stand 10 seconds. Whirl until smooth. Add butter, remaining brandy and vanilla. Process until smooth.Non-processor Method:
3. Pour heated cream over chocolate in bowl; let stand 1 minute. Add butter, remaining brandy and vanilla; whisk.
4. Pour chocolate mixture into prepared pan; smooth top. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until firm.
5. Lift foil and chocolate from pan. Cut into 48 equal pieces. Working with 1 piece of chocolate and 1 cherry at a time and keeping remaining chocolate refrigerated, press each piece of chocolate around 1 cherry. Roll quickly between hands into a ball (mixture will be very soft). Roll truffle in one of coatings; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheet and refrigerate.To give or serve:
6. Reshape, reroll in desired coating; place in paper cups.Note:
7. Quantity for each coating is enough for the 4 dozen truffles.