Servings: 6 Prep 10 mins Slow Cook 1 hr 30 mins on HIGH Stand 30 mins
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 box (3.4 oz) cook-and-serve chocolate pudding and pie filling
- 1/4 plus 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ancho chile powder (optional)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons chocolate sauce
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- Whipped cream (optional)
1. Coat a 4-quart slow cooker bowl with nonstick cooking spray. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, pudding mix, 1/4 cup of the sugar, the baking powder, salt, ground cinnamon and, if desired, ancho chile powder. Make a well in center and add milk, canola oil and vanilla. Gently stir until batter is smooth. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour evenly into prepared slow cooker bowl.
2. In a small bowl, stir together chocolate sauce and remaining 1/3 cup sugar; pour in boiling water and stir until smooth. Pour over batter in slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 1/2 hours or until cake is puffed and top layer is set. Let stand, covered, 30 minutes before serving. Serve with whipped cream, if desired.
Tip For easy cleanup:
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 403, Fat, total (g): 16, chol. (mg): 25, sat. fat (g): 8, carb. (g): 63, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 5, sodium (mg): 300, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.