Servings: 8 Active Time 25 mins Total Time 1 hr 5 mins
- 3 ripe pears
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 14.1 ounce package rolled refrigerated unbaked pie crust (2 crusts)
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Coarse sugar
- Whipped cream (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Peel, core and slice each pear lengthwise into 12 wedges. In a large bowl combine the pears, sugar, lemon juice, and cinnamon.
2. On a lightly floured surface, unroll pie crusts per the package directions and layer one on top of the other. Roll the pie crusts out into a single 14-inch round. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
3. Sprinkle chocolate over pie crust leaving a 2-inch border. Arrange pears on top of chocolate in concentric circles, discarding the liquid left in the bottom of the bowl. Fold in edges of pie crust, pleating as necessary. Brush the crust with the egg and sprinkle with coarse sugar. Bake on upper oven rack 35 to 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Serve at room temperature with whipped cream, if using.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 371, Fat, total (g): 18, chol. (mg): 29, sat. fat (g): 8, carb. (g): 56, Monounsaturated fat (g): 7, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 3, sugar (g): 26, pro. (g): 3, vit. A (IU): 54, vit. C (mg): 3, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): , Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 8, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 270, Potassium (mg): 159, calcium (mg): 18, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.