- 1 recipe Chocolate Whole-Wheat Pie Dough
- 1/2 cup regular rolled oats
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 16 ounce package frozen sweet cherries, partially thawed*
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1. On a lightly floured surface roll the pie dough into a 12-inch circle. Line a 9-inch fluted pie plate with the pastry, fluting edge as desired. Cover and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. For crumble, place oats in a food processor. Cover and process until finely ground. Add the flour, sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, cinnamon, and almonds. Cover and process until almonds are coarsely ground.
3. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl and add the melted butter; stir with a fork until combined.
4. To make cherry filling, in a large bowl stir together the sugar, cornstarch, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add the cherries and almond extract and stir to combine.
5. Spoon cherry mixture into pastry-lined pie plate and sprinkle with almond mixture.
6. Bake about 65 minutes or until bubbly in the center, covering loosely with foil after 30 minutes. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
- To partially thaw cherries, place in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover with waxed paper and microwave on 100% power (high) for 2 minutes, stirring once.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 490, Fat, total (g): 23, chol. (mg): 72, sat. fat (g): 12, carb. (g): 67, Monounsaturated fat (g): 5, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, fiber (g): 6, sugar (g): 39, pro. (g): 8, vit. A (IU): 777, vit. C (mg): 1, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 28, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 198, Potassium (mg): 153, calcium (mg): 40, iron (mg): 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.