1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Place strawberries and raspberries in medium-size bowl. Gently stir in 1/4 cup sugar; toss to coat. Let stand 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.Meanwhile, prepare chocolate shortcake:
3. Combine flour, cocoa powder, remaining sugar, the baking powder and salt in large bowl. With pastry blender or 2 knives used scissor-fashion, cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Slowly add milk and vanilla, tossing with fork, until mixture just comes together.
4. Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface. Knead lightly about 10 times. Pat or roll dough to 3/4-inch thickness. Cut out with 4-inch-round fluted cookie cutter. Place on ungreased baking sheet, about 1 inch apart. Re-roll the scraps and cut out more shortcakes, for a total of four.
5. Bake in 425 degree F oven 12 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Remove shortcakes to wire rack to cool completely.
6. Cut each shortcake in half horizontally. Place bottom halves on plates. Spoon some juice from strawberry mixture over bottoms. Spoon strawberry mixture on each bottom half, reserving a few berries for garnish. Spoon about 1/2 cup whipped cream over each. Cover with top half. Garnish with fruit and mint. Drizzle with fudge sauce if desired. Cut in half for two servings. Makes 8 servings.