These yummy cakes are covered with a creamy chocolate ganache. Add a festive touch by topping with assorted holiday decorations.
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two 6-cup jumbo muffin pans with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Whisk together flour, cocoa, allspice, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
3. Beat butter 2 minutes. Add sugar; beat until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in vanilla. Beat in flour mixture in three additions, alternating with sour cream. Beat 2 minutes more. Fold in chopped chocolate. Fill prepared muffin cups half-full.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes or until tops spring back when touched. Cool cakes for 10 minutes in pan on rack. Turn cakes onto rack; cool completely.Make Ganache:
5. Bring cream to a boil in a small saucepan. Place chocolate in a medium-size bowl; pour hot cream over top. Stir until smooth.
6. Place a rack over a jelly-roll pan. Place cakes, flat-side down, on rack. Pour 2 to 3 tablespoons ganache over each cake, smoothing with spatula. Refrigerate 1 hour or until set, and decorate, if desired. If using silver dragees, remove before eating.