1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 8-inch-round cake pans.
2. Heat the 1 square chocolate in double boiler over hot water until melted and smooth. Let cool slightly.
3. Combine flour, baking powder and salt on sheet of waxed paper.
4. Beat 1/4 cup butter and shortening in bowl until smooth and creamy. Gradually add 1-1/4 cups sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat flour mixture alternately with milk into butter mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat in the 1 teaspoon vanilla and almond extracts.
5. Spoon 1 cup of the batter into small bowl. Stir in melted chocolate, remaining 1 tablespoon sugar, the coffee, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and baking soda.
6. Spoon chocolate and vanilla batters in equal amounts in alternating blobs in each prepared pan. Using knife or thin metal spatula, cut through batter to marbleize.
7. Bake in 350 degree F oven 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center tests clean. Cool in pans on racks 10 minutes. Turn cakes out; invert top side up; cool completely.Prepare Fudge Frosting:
8. Bring sugar and evaporated milk in heavy 3-quart saucepan to boiling over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Simmer for 10 minutes, occasionally brushing down sides of pan with brush dipped in cold water.
9. Combine chocolate, 1/4 cup butter, 2 teaspoons vanilla and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in large bowl. Pour hot milk mixture over chocolate, stirring until chocolate is melted and smooth. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Chill in refrigerator until frosting is good spreading consistency.
10. . Place cake layer, top side down, on platter. Spread 1 cup frosting over layer. Place remaining layer, top side up, on top. Spread thin layer of frosting over sides and top of cake. Spread the remaining frosting over the cake.