These bite-size chocolate cupcakes flavored with a chai tea mix are perfect for bridal or wedding showers.
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 30 indents of mini muffin pans (using 3 pans total) with paper or foil liners.
2. Into small bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, chai mix, baking powder and salt. In large bowl, beat butter until smooth. Beat in sugar until fluffy, 3 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
3. On low speed, alternately beat flour mixture and milk into butter mixture, beginning and ending with flour. Add vanilla. Divide batter among prepared cups; for ease, place batter in a large plastic bag, snip off a corner and pipe into the cups.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F until tops spring back when lightly pressed, 15 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pans to a rack; let cool.Frosting:
5. Meanwhile, beat together cream cheese, latte mix, confectioners' sugar and 1 tablespoon milk, if necessary, until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to frost.
6. Once cupcakes have cooled, spread with frosting, about 1-1/2 teaspoons for each. Dust with additional 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar and cocoa powder, if desired.