1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In medium-size bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form; set aside. In large bowl, combine egg yolks, oil, 1/4 cup of the cherry-flavored brandy, 1/4 cup water and brownie mix. Beat with same beaters on low speed just until ingredients are moistened. Fold a small amount of the beaten egg whites into brownie mixture to lighten. Fold in remaining whites until no white streaks remain.
3. Gently pour into prepared pan. Bake at 375 degrees F for 35 minutes. Cool in pan on wire rack 30 minutes; moist center may sink slightly.
4. Meanwhile, drain cherries, placing juice in small saucepan with remaining 2 tablespoons brandy. Add cornstarch; stir until dissolved. Over medium-high heat, bring to boiling. Cook 1 minute to thicken. Remove from heat; stir in cherries.
5. Carefully remove side of pan. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar. Serve with warm cherry sauce and ice cream, if desired.