Servings: 8 Prep 20 mins Cool 30 mins Bake 400°F 50 mins to 55 mins
- 4 small sweet potatoes (5 to 6 oz. each)
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon adobo sauce from canned chipotle chile peppers or 1/4 tsp. ground chipotle chile pepper
- 4 green onions, white and green parts sliced and separated
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Scrub potatoes, cut off ends, and prick all over with a fork. Brush all over with oil. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes. Remove and cool until easy to handle. Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop potato flesh into a small mixing bowl, leaving 1/4-inch shell of potato in skins. Return shells to the baking sheet.
2. Mash the sweet potato pulp in the bowl with a fork and mix in 1/4 cup yogurt, the adobo sauce, white parts of the green onions, and salt.
3. Spoon the mashed mixture into the sweet potato shells. Bake, covered loosely with foil, 5 to 10 minutes or until heated through. Top each with remaining yogurt and green onions.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 89, Fat, total (g): 2, chol. (mg): 1, carb. (g): 16, Monounsaturated fat (g): 1, fiber (g): 2, sugar (g): 4, pro. (g): 3, vit. A (IU): 9864, vit. C (mg): 3, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): , Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 12, sodium (mg): 119, Potassium (mg): 260, calcium (mg): 40, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.