Servings: 8 Prep 15 mins Slow Cook 6 hrs on HIGH or LOW for 8 hrs
- 2 medium yellow onions, halved and sliced
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 chipotle in adobo, seeded and chopped, plus 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
- 1 15 1/2 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
1. Combine onions, tomatoes, tomato paste, garlic, broth, chipotle and adobo, coriander, salt and pepper in the base of a slow cooker; wedge chicken thighs into the mixture, submerging at least half of the meat in the liquid. Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
2. Remove chicken bones and shred meat back into slow cooker. Stir in beans and corn to heat through.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 229, Fat, total (g): 5, chol. (mg): 94, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 17, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 27, sodium (mg): 650, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.