Servings: 8 Prep 5 mins Cook 9 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced sweet onion
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 bags (14.4 oz each) frozen peas
- 1 cup fresh mint, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Greek yogurt or creme fraiche for garnish (optional)
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in onion and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until softened. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Pour in chicken broth and peas; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in mint and parsley.
2. Transfer mixture to a bowl. Stir in lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pour into a blender; blend until smooth. Cool, then refrigerate until chilled.
3. Serve chilled. Garnish with mint and, if desired, yogurt or creme fraiche.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 130, Fat, total (g): 2, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): , carb. (g): 21, fiber (g): 6, pro. (g): 8, sodium (mg): 416, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.