Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Cook 15 mins
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound uncooked ground chicken breast
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (6 cloves)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 3 15 ounce can no-salt added cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Crushed tortilla chips or cooked brown rice (optional)
- Shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
1. Put the oil in a large pot over medium heat. When it's hot, add the chicken, onion, and black pepper. Cook and stir until chicken has lost its pink color and onion is soft. Stir in garlic, chili powder, cumin, and oregano and cook for 1 minute more.
2. Add the beans and broth. Bring to boiling; reduce heat and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until the flavors have melded, about 15 minutes. Serve over chips or rice, if desired, and garnish with cilantro and cheese.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 298, Fat, total (g): 6, chol. (mg): 46, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 31, Monounsaturated fat (g): 2, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, fiber (g): 9, sugar (g): 2, pro. (g): 30, vit. A (IU): 486, vit. C (mg): 4, Thiamin (mg): 1, Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 8, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): 1, Folate (µg): 48, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 189, Potassium (mg): 670, calcium (mg): 131, iron (mg): 4, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.