Servings: 6 Prep 10 mins Slow Cook 6 hrs 30 mins (low) or 4.5 hours (high)
- 2 cans (15.5 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (15.5 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes with jalapenos, drained
- 1/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 bag (12 ounces) frozen meatless soy crumbles
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- Fresh cilantro leaves, shredded cheese and reduced-fat sour cream, for serving (optional)
1. Stir together kidney and pinto beans, onion, green pepper, chili powder, cumin, diced tomatoes and broth in slow cooker bowl. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6 hours.
2. Remove cover and mash beans gently with a potato masher until liquid has thickened slightly. Stir in corn, meat crumbles and barbecue sauce
3. and cook an additional 30 minutes or until heated through. Top with cilantro, cheese and sour cream, if desired. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 360, Fat, total (g): 5, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 59, fiber (g): 16, pro. (g): 22, sodium (mg): 923, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.