Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Cook 15 mins
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound cleaned and sliced fresh mushrooms (such as button, cremini, and/or stemmed shiitake)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (6 cloves)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 15 ounce can no-salt added pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 ounce can no-salt-added kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes (undrained)
- Crushed tortilla chips or cooked brown rice (optional)
- Shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
1. Put the oil in a large pot over medium heat. When it's hot, add the mushrooms, onion, and black pepper. Cook and stir for 8 to 10 minutes or until mushrooms are browned; do not drain. Stir in garlic, chili powder, cumin, and oregano and cook for 1 minute more.
2. Add the beans and tomatoes. Bring to boiling; reduce heat and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes have begun to break down and the flavors have melded, about 15 minutes. Serve over chips or rice, if desired, and garnish with cilantro and cheese.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 196, Fat, total (g): 4, chol. (mg): 3, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 28, Monounsaturated fat (g): 2, fiber (g): 11, sugar (g): 4, pro. (g): 12, vit. A (IU): 875, vit. C (mg): 8, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 3, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 48, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 189, Potassium (mg): 598, calcium (mg): 151, iron (mg): 3, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.