Servings: 4 Prep 5 mins Marinate 8 mins or overnight Grill 12 mins Stand 5 mins
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2/3 cup V8 juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 flank steak (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- Sweet peppers, cored and sliced; zucchini, trimmed and sliced; red onion, sliced; and on-the-vine cherry tomatoes (optional)
- Corn tortillas (optional)
1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine brown sugar, soy sauce, V8 juice, olive oil, chili powder, garlic and cumin.
2. Add steak and marinate in refrigerator at least 8 hours or overnight.
3. Remove steak from bag and discard marinade.
4. Heat a gas grill to medium-high or a charcoal grill to medium-hot coals. Grill steak for 5 to 6 minutes per side, until internal temperature registers 140 degrees on an instant-read thermometer. Remove steak from grill and cover with foil. Let rest 5 minutes before thinly slicing against the grain. Meanwhile, grill peppers, zucchini, onion and tomatoes, if desired. Serve sliced steak with warmed corn tortillas and grilled vegetables, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 471, Fat, total (g): 23, chol. (mg): 94, sat. fat (g): 7, carb. (g): 14, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 48, sodium (mg): 344, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.