Servings: 8 Prep 15 mins Cook 12 mins Broil 2 mins
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 can (15 oz) red beans (such as Westbrae) , drained and rinsed
- 1 can (8 oz) no-saltadded tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 reduced-fat-andsodium frankfurters (such as Boars Head light skinless beef frankfurters)
- 8 top-sliced hot dog rolls
- 1 cup cup shredded reducedfat cheddar
- Chopped onion and diced cucumber (optional)
1. Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add zucchini, onion, green pepper and garlic; cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in beans, tomato sauce, chili powder and cumin. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
2. Heat broiler to high; set rack 6 inches from heat source. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add frankfurters and cook, turning frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes or until browned and heated through. Place frankfurters in rolls and place on large broiler pan. Spoon 1/4 cup of the chili over each and sprinkle with 2 tbsp cheddar. Reserve remaining 2 cups chili for another meal.
3. Broil on high for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheddar is melted. Top with chopped onion and diced cucumber, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 313, Fat, total (g): 13, chol. (mg): 35, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 31, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 17, sodium (mg): 698, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.