Prep 15 mins Cook 10 mins
- 2 1/2 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled and halved
- 1 cup 2% milk, heated
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 ounces sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 can (4 oz) diced mild green chiles
- 1 teaspoon salt
1. Place diced potatoes and garlic in a lidded pot. Fill with cold water until potatoes are covered by 1 inch. Cover pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook 10 minutes, until fork-tender.
2. Drain potatoes and immediately return to pot. Stir in milk and butter; mash until smooth. Stir in cheese, chiles and salt.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 216, Fat, total (g): 9, chol. (mg): 29, sat. fat (g): 6, carb. (g): 27, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 7, sodium (mg): 451, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.