Servings: 4 Active Time 20 mins Total Time 30 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 16 ounce package cut butternut squash or 3 1/2 cups 3/4-inch cubed, peeled butternut squash
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 15 ounce can reduced-sodium chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 2 cups packed baby spinach
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Plain Greek yogurt and lime wedges for serving (optional)
1. In a large saucepan heat the oil over medium heat. Add the squash and onion. Cook, stirring frequently, until the onion begins to soften, about 5 minutes. Stir in the curry powder. Cook 30 seconds more or until fragrant.
2. Stir in the vegetable broth, chickpeas, curry paste, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, about 10 minutes or until squash is just tender. Stir in the coconut milk. Remove from heat. Just before serving, stir in the spinach. Serve over rice with Greek yogurt and lime, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 373, Fat, total (g): 11, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 60, Monounsaturated fat (g): 3, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 10, sugar (g): 5, pro. (g): 10, vit. A (IU): 13847, vit. C (mg): 29, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 4, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 70, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 741, Potassium (mg): 712, calcium (mg): 121, iron (mg): 4, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.