Servings: 4 Prep 10 mins Cook 6 mins Slow Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6 hours
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 large poblano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium-size onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon plus 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 pounds bone-in split chicken breasts, skin removed
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream (optional)
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves (optional)
1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place peppers, onion, garlic, 1 tablespoon cumin and 1 teaspoon coriander in skillet; cover. Cook, stirring, for 6 minutes.
2. Transfer vegetables to slow cooker; add chicken, beans and broth. Cover; cook on HIGH for 4 hours or on LOW for 6 hours.
3. Remove chicken with a slotted spoon. Check liquid for bones. Stir in remaining 1/2 teaspoon each cumin and coriander, lime juice and salt.
4. Shred chicken meat; stir into slow cooker. Serve with sour cream and cilantro, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 440, Fat, total (g): 8, chol. (mg): 106, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 38, fiber (g): 11, pro. (g): 52, sodium (mg): 824, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.