- 2 packages (9 ounces each) frozen artichoke hearts, defrosted and divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon Mediterranean or Greek seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 package (11 ounces) dry whole-wheat couscous
- Chopped parsle, optional
1. In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine one package of artichoke hearts, the onion, garlic, and broth. Add chicken and sprinkle it with Mediterranean seasoning, salt, and pepper. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours. Then place zucchini, tomatoes, and second package of artichokes in the cooker; re-cover and heat for another 15 minutes, or until veggies are cooked.
2. Remove chicken and vegetables with a slotted spoon; cover them with foil to keep warm. Stir the couscous into the remaining liquid. Cover and cook 5 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed. Serve chicken and vegetables over couscous. Top with parsley, if desired.
Tip For Easy Cleanup:
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 446, Fat, total (g): 8, carb. (g): 54, fiber (g): 13, pro. (g): 42, sodium (mg): 559, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.