Servings: 4 Prep 10 mins Cook 22 mins
- Juice from 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons)
- 3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of excess fat
- 2 teaspoons hot chili powder
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can jalapeno-flavored diced tomatoes
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted, cut in chunks
- 16 tortilla chips, broken in half
1. Heat broiler. Drizzle lime juice over chicken; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of the chili powder. Coat broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray. Broil chicken 5 to 6 minutes per side or until 160 degree F on an instant-read thermometer. Remove and set aside.
2. Heat oil in large, deep pot over medium heat; add garlic and remaining teaspoon of chili powder. Cook 1 minute. Add tomatoes (with their juice), broth and 1 cup water; bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and cook 10 minutes, covered. To serve:
3. Tear chicken into small pieces and divide among four bowls. Divide tomato broth among the bowls; top each with cheese, avocado and tortilla pieces. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 364, Fat, total (g): 24, chol. (mg): 60, sat. fat (g): 7, carb. (g): 20, fiber (g): 6, pro. (g): 20, sodium (mg): 657, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.