Servings: 4 Prep 10 mins Cook 9 mins to 12 mins
- 1 13 1/2 ounce can unsweetened light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (see note)
- 2 6 ounce bags baby spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, cut in strips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cooked rice, optional
1. Puree 1/2 cup of the coconut milk, ginger, garlic, onion, lemon rind, pepper flakes, paprika and curry powder in blender.
2. Heat coconut milk mixture in skillet over medium-high heat; cook until mixture thickens and turns brighter red, 1 to 2 minutes. Add chicken, remaining coconut milk, fish sauce. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, 8 to 10 minutes, until chicken is done. Stir in spinach, basil and salt; heat through. Serve with rice, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 300, Fat, total (g): 13, chol. (mg): 94, sat. fat (g): 6, carb. (g): 6, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 38, sodium (mg): 777, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.