Servings: 4 Prep 5 mins Cook 10 mins Stand 8 mins to 10 mins
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/2 pounds total)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon red-wine vinegar
- 1 cup medium-hot salsa
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup instant rice
1. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; saute, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes or until softened.
2. Meanwhile, place flour on a plate. Place chicken in flour to coat each side, patting off excess. Add to skillet; saute for 2 minutes per side or until lightly golden. Add cumin, chicken broth, vinegar, salsa and corn. Cook about 4 minutes.
3. Remove from heat. Stir rice into liquid. Cover, let stand 8 to 10 minutes or until rice is tender. Serve with extra salsa, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 455, Fat, total (g): 11, chol. (mg): 100, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 44, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 46, sodium (mg): 766, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.