Servings: 16 Prep 15 mins Chill 1 hr Broil 6 mins to 8 mins
- 1 can (4 ounces) green chilies, drained
- 1 green onion, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup bottled plum sauce or jam
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark Asian sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 skinless, boned chicken breast halves (about 4 ounces each), cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 1 sweet green pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 1-inch-square pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 sweet red pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 1-inch-square pieces
1. Combine the drained chilies, green onion, garlic, plum sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil and salt in a food processor or blender. Whirl until pureed.
2. Place chicken in a medium-size bowl. Add half of the plum sauce mixture. Cover; refrigerate for 1 hour to marinate. Reserve the remaining half of the plum mixture.
3. Soak 16 small wooden skewers in a bowl of cold water for 15 minutes to prevent scorching during cooking.
4. Heat broiler. Thread green pepper, onion, red pepper and chicken cubes on skewers. Place skewers on rack in broiler pan. Spoon on remaining reserved plum mixture.
5. Broil 6 inches from heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, turning once. Makes 16 skewers.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 16; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 40, Fat, total (g): 1, chol. (mg): 9, carb. (g): 4, pro. (g): 3, sodium (mg): 152, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.