1. In a medium-size saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes, stirring so that garlic does not burn.
2. In a medium-size bowl, whisk together honey, ketchup, lemon juice, soy sauce, oyster sauce and chili paste. Add to onions in saucepan and bring to a simmer. Simmer, uncovered for 15 minutes; you should have about 3-1/4 cups. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.Skewers:
3. Place chicken in a microwave-safe glass baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap, venting in one corner. Microwave on high for 5 minutes. Turn chicken over and rotate dish. Microwave for an additional 5 minutes. Let chicken cool slightly, then cut into 1-inch pieces.
4. Wipe out baking dish. Place peppers and onions in dish, cover with plastic wrap and vent. Microwave 3 minutes.
5. On 6 metal skewers, evenly divide chicken pieces, peppers and onions.
6. Prepare rice noodles following package directions. Drain and toss with 3/4 cup of the sauce.
7. Meanwhile, heat gas grill to medium or prepare charcoal grill with medium-hot coals.
8. Liberally brush skewers with some of the remaining sauce. Grill about 4 minutes per side, brushing with additional sauce as needed.
9. To serve, place noodles on a large serving platter. Arrange the skewers over the noodles. Boil remaining sauce for 3 minutes and serve on the side. Makes 6 servings.Broiler Method:
10. Heat broiler. Coat broiler-pan rack with cooking spray. Place the skewers on the rack. Broil 4 inches from the heat following directions in step 8.