1. Cook cavatappi in large, deep pot of lightly-salted boiling water until al dente, firm yet tender. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, in blender, blend half-and-half, half the corn kernels (about 1-1/3 cups), 1/2 teaspoon salt and the pepper until fairly smooth but still with some texture, 30 seconds.
3. In large skillet, heat oil over medium-low heat. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes (do not let garlic brown). Increase heat to high. Add sausage and remaining corn kernels; cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.
4. Reduce heat to medium-high. Add remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, cherry tomatoes and mixture from blender to skillet. Bring to simmering; simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce has thickened and tomatoes have collapsed slightly, 3 to 4 minutes.
5. In large bowl, combine cavatappi, tomato-corn sauce and parsley. Serve with Parmesan, if desired. Makes 8 servings.