Servings: 4 Prep 10 mins Bake 400°F 8 mins
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 plum tomatoes, cored and sliced
- 1 container (7 ounces) plain 2% Greek yogurt (such as Fage)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat feta cheese crumbles
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tablespoon plain, dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 package small pitas (8 per package)
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees . Heat grill or grill pan to medium heat. Tzatziki:
2. In a medium-size bowl, stir together the cucumber slices, tomato, yogurt and salt. Set aside. Burgers:
3. In a large bowl, combine ground chicken, spinach, feta cheese, oregano, bread crumbs, onion powder, salt and pepper. Stir together until blended. Shape into 4 equal-size patties. Coat patties with nonstick cooking spray.
4. Grill burgers for 12 minutes, flipping once, or until instant-read thermometer inserted into burger registers 160 degrees . Meanwhile, bake pitas at 400 degrees for 8 minutes. Place one burger on a pita round. Top burger with about 1/4 cup tzatziki, if desired, and a second pita. Repeat with remaining ingredients; serve extra tzatziki on the side.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 472, Fat, total (g): 20, chol. (mg): 161, sat. fat (g): 9, carb. (g): 42, fiber (g): 8, pro. (g): 36, sodium (mg): 968, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.