Prepare the wings and season them up to 2 days in advance for this make-ahead appetizer recipe. On party day, just dip them in the purchased barbecue sauce and bake.
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2. Combine chili powder, black pepper, salt and ground red pepper in small bowl.
3. With sharp knife, separate wings at joint. Place pieces on waxed paper; sprinkle with spice mixture. Transfer to foil-lined baking sheet.
4. Bake in 400 degree F oven 40 to 45 minutes, turning every 15 minutes. With tongs, remove wings from oven and dip in sauce. Return to oven.
5. Bake in 400 degree F oven 10 minutes or until glazed. Place on serving platter. Garnish with celery leaves. Makes 24 pieces.Make-Ahead Tip:
6. Wings can be prepared through step 4. Cover and refrigerate up to 2 days. To serve, let wings stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. Dip in barbecue sauce. Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes.