1. Sprinkle chicken legs with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
2. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; brown, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to paper toweling to drain.
3. Reduce heat to medium. Add onion and garlic; saute until almost tender, 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Return chicken to skillet along with tomato sauce, broth, thyme and remaining salt and pepper. Cover; cook 10 to 15 minutes or until no longer pink near bone and internal temperature registers 170 degrees F on instant-read thermometer.
5. Arrange the chicken over the yellow rice and serve immediately. Makes 4 servings.