Servings: 6 Prep 10 mins Bake 350°F 45 mins Cook 5 mins Broil 5 mins
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dark Asian sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 chicken (4 pounds), cut up
- 1 box (10 ounces) couscous
- 3 ounces snow peas, strings removed
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
1. Whisk soy, sugar, ginger, vinegar, oil and cornstarch in saucepan; cook, stirring, until glaze thickens, 2 minutes.
2. Place chicken, skin side up, on rack in baking pan. Brush with some of glaze.
3. Bake in 350 degree F oven 45 minutes (until 170 degrees F), brushing with glaze every 10 minutes. Stop glazing 5 minutes before end. Broil chicken 5 minutes to crisp skin.
4. Fix couscous following package directions; with water, add peas, water chestnuts. Put on platter with chicken. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 592, Fat, total (g): 25, chol. (mg): 127, sat. fat (g): 6, carb. (g): 47, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 46, sodium (mg): 1295, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.