Servings: 10 Prep 10 mins Marinate 6 hrs overnight Cook 4 mins Bake 375°F 45 mins Broil 6 mins to 8 mins
- Grated rind of 2 lemons
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 (3 pounds each), cut into serving pieces, with skin on or with skin removed
- 2 tablespoons dark-brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup flat beer OR: apple cider
Make It Prepare Rub:
1. Combine lemon rind, garlic, salt and pepper in medium-size bowl; mash together with back of spoon. Stir in brown sugar, mustard and cayenne pepper.
2. Rub mixture into chickens. Place in single layer in 2 glass baking dishes. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 6 hours or overnight. Prepare Basting Sauce:
3. Combine sugar, lemon juice, dry mustard, cayenne pepper, salt and beer in small saucepan. Simmer 4 minutes.
4. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Arrange chicken pieces in single layer in 2 baking pans. Cover.
5. Bake in 375 degree F oven 45 minutes or until no longer pink near bone.
6. Heat broiler or grill. Brush chicken with basting sauce. Broil or grill 6 inches from heat, turning occasionally and brushing with basting sauce, for 6 to 8 minutes. Makes 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 10; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 343, Fat, total (g): 18, chol. (mg): 114, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 7, pro. (g): 36, sodium (mg): 589, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.