- 1/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon no-salt-added tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups shredded leftover chicken
- 6 corn tortillas, warmed
- Shredded lettuce, shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, and/or salsa (optional)
- Pear-Cheese Salad
1. In a small saucepan whisk together the broth, tomato paste, paprika, salt, and pepper. Add the chicken. Heat through over medium heat.
2. Serve chicken with tortillas and top with lettuce, cheese, and/or salsa, if desired. Serve with Pear-Cheese Salad. Makes 6 servings.
- 1 Anjou pear or Gala apple, cored and cut into bite-size cubes
- 1/2 cup bite-sized cubes extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. In a medium bowl combine pear or Gala apple, cubes extra-sharp cheddar cheese, and arugula. In a small bowl whisk together extra-virgin olive oil, sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar, kosher salt, and freshly ground black pepper. Pour dressing over pear mixture and gently toss to mix. Makes about 2 cups.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 285, Fat, total (g): 16, chol. (mg): 50, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 17, Monounsaturated fat (g): 8, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 2, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 3, sugar (g): 4, pro. (g): 18, vit. A (IU): 534, vit. C (mg): 2, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 7, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 12, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 420, Potassium (mg): 259, calcium (mg): 131, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.