Servings: 8 Prep 15 mins Bake 375°F 45 mins
- 1 pound ziti or penne
- 6 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 5 ounces shredded Parmesan cheese (about 1-1/4 cups)
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 12 ounce package fully cooked fire-roasted chicken-and-turkey sausage, such as Applegate Farms, cut into coins
- 1 28 ounce can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, such as Muir Glen, drained
- 1 25 1/2 ounce jar basil and tomato pasta sauce
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish. Set aside.
2. Cook pasta in lightly salted boiling water for 8 to 9 minutes. Drain.
3. In medium-size bowl, stir together the cheeses, garlic salt, basil and black pepper.
4. In large bowl, stir together cooked pasta, half of the cheese mixture, red pepper, sausage, half of the drained tomatoes and half of the pasta sauce.
5. Spoon pasta mixture into prepared baking dish. Top with remaining drained tomatoes, pasta sauce and cheese mixture.
6. Cover and bake at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for 15 more minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 448, Fat, total (g): 14, chol. (mg): 71, sat. fat (g): 7, carb. (g): 56, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 27, sodium (mg): 804, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.