- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 8 ounces baby carrots with tops, trimmed, or baby carrots, halved lengthwise if large
- 1/2 cup pitted dried plums (prunes)
- 1 14 ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs, skinned
- 1 1/4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. In a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker combine onion and carrots. Add plums and broth. Top with chicken. In a small bowl combine curry powder, salt, and cinnamon. Sprinkle over chicken.
2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours. Remove chicken, fruit, and vegetables from cooker with a slotted spoon. Spoon some of the cooking juices on each serving. Makes 4 servings.
Tip For Easy Cleanup:
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 255, Fat, total (g): 6, chol. (mg): 115, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 22, Monounsaturated fat (g): 2, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 30, vit. A (IU): 79, vit. C (mg): 4, sodium (mg): 691, Potassium (mg): 660, calcium (mg): 50, iron (mg): 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.