Yield: 8 sandwiches Prep 15 mins Cook 6 hrs to 8 hrs (low) or 3 to 4 hours (high) Broil 1 min
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 pounds uncooked ground chicken or uncooked ground turkey
- 2 14 ounce jars pizza sauce
- 2 cups frozen (yellow, green, and red) peppers and onion stir-fry vegetables, thawed and chopped
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 8 hoagie rolls, split
- 8 slices mozzarella or provolone cheese (8 ounces)
1. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to hot skillet; cook until chicken is no longer pink, stirring to break apart. In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine chicken, pizza sauce, vegetables, and undrained tomatoes.
2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours.
3. Arrange split rolls, cut sides up, on an unheated broiler pan. Broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until toasted. Spoon chicken mixture onto bottoms of toasted rolls. Top with cheese and roll tops. Makes 8 sandwiches.
Tip For Easy Cleanup:
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 661, Fat, total (g): 26, chol. (mg): 135, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 60, Monounsaturated fat (g): 2, Polyunsaturated fat (g): , fiber (g): 3, sugar (g): 9, pro. (g): 47, vit. A (IU): 632, vit. C (mg): 16, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 4, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 81, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 1296, Potassium (mg): 98, calcium (mg): 323, iron (mg): 4, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.