Servings: 4 Prep 5 mins Cook 24 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sweet green pepper, diced
- 1 cup frozen chopped onion
- 1 package (5 ounces) yellow rice mix
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 3/4 pound chicken tenders
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup drained canned pinto beans, rinsed
- 1/4 cup sliced green olives
- 1/4 teaspoon hot-pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
1. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add green pepper and onion; cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until softened.
2. Add rice mix, tomatoes and the 1-1/4 cups water. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
3. Sprinkle chicken with salt. Stir into rice along with beans, olives and pepper sauce; cook, covered, 8 to 10 minutes or until rice is tender. Sprinkle with cilantro if desired. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 341, Fat, total (g): 7, chol. (mg): 47, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 49, pro. (g): 25, sodium (mg): 1180, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.